Prashant Singh (Co-Founder BikeStreetBoys) at one of the Bike MS rides
What is Bike MS?
- Bike MS is the biggest fundraising cycling events series in the United States.
- Bike MS was started 30 years ago with the aim to create a world free of MS (Multiple Sclerosis).
- Since inception this organization has raised over $1 billion to fund MS research and critical programs devised to improve quality of life for people living with MS.
- Collectively, the efforts of Bike MS cyclists, donors, organizers and volunteers has helped accelerate research breakthroughs so people affected by MS can live their best lives and end MS forever.
- Each year, 7,500 teams and 100,000 cyclists choose Bike MS that conducts 100 rides across the country.
- One can register as a team, individual, join a team or be a virtual rider. Next step is to raise funds to fuel MS research aimed at eradicating MS. Then ride Bike MS to create awareness and pedal on till the finish line to show that you care.
Why is BikeStreetBoys riding Bike MS?
- We are truly amazed by the continuous efforts of Bike MS and National Multiple Sclerosis Society that is so passionately dedicated towards making this world MS free.
- Bike MS motto is: “Every ride. Every rider. Every contribution matters.” And that’s why we are here. To play our part.
- Every hour of every day, a person is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. We want to do our bit in helping reduce this number.
- It is inspiring to pedal alongside people who ride in Bike MS to support family members, friends or co-workers who have been diagnosed with MS and also those who live, and ride, with the disease, despite challenges such as fatigue or weakness.
- This is the 4th year in a row that we are joining the MS movement with numerous other people from across the nation. But this is the first year we are riding as a team. We are all here to raise funds, pedal together and ride for people living with MS with a hope to move their lives forward.
What is so special about Bike MS: Oxford 2016?
- Bike MS: Oxford 2016 is an epic two-day fundraising ride designed to challenge your own limits. Bike MS: Oxford 2016 attracts cyclists from across the globe and raises over $400,000 every year.
- The unique Ohio Valley route chosen by the organizers doesn’t allow you to settle for good! It is a thrilling combination of rolling hills, open farms and fields, and valley descents and climbs that constantly pushes you out of your comfort zone.
- Each day the journey starts and ends at the scenic and vibrant campus of Miami University. In the night you retire in the safe, comfortable, and clean dorms of this beautiful residential college, if you choose.
- In addition, you meet people with an equal amount of passion for the cause who participate to drive MS research forward faster, and deliver programs and services to those who face the challenges of MS every day. You take pictures together, share personal stories, stay in touch during and after the event to reach out and plan your upcoming rides together.
- Last but not the least, nothing beats the profound sense of accomplishment you experience while receiving your medals at the hands of people with MS waiting for you at the finish line.
All in all, the Oxford 2016 Bike MS promises to be a ride filled with fun, adventure, laughter, emotions and shared passion for a big cause that will take you farther than you’ve ever gone before.
Ride at a glance
|Date(s)||August 6-7, 2016|
|Start Location||Miami University|
|Finish Location||Miami University|
|Age Minimum||18 (12 with notarized liability waiver)|
|Registration Fee||$80 (plus lodging fee, if applicable)|
Team BikeStreetBoys rides MS! We invite you to join us with one goal—a world free of MS. Each year nearly 80 percent of cyclists make a bigger impact by riding as part of a team.
Get in touch
Hashtags - #WeAreStrongerThanMS #bikeMS
We'd love to have you. Come, take the big ride with us to experience a magic that will change lives. Don't Just Ride, BikeMS with BikeStreetBoys.